(Last Updated: January 25, 2021)
Please read the following carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information collected through the Website, through your use of the Product, through our marketing activities and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with the below policies and practices, your choice is not to use our Website or register to use the Product through our Website.*
6th Grain acts as a “data controller” when it collects personal information from: (i) visitors to 6th Grain’s publicly available Website; (ii) customers when our Customers register to use the Product through the Website; and (iii) when we receive personal information from you related to our marketing activities.
● To access and use the Product, you are required to register for an account with us. When you register for an account, you may provide personal information to us, including first and last name, email address, company name, telephone number, physical address, user name and password.
● We collect information about your agricultural activities as part of our services. We store these data separately from personally identifiable information such as those provided when you register for an account. All collected agricultural data is stored on Amazon Web Services North America, in the United States.
● You provide to 6th Grain your personal information when you voluntarily fill in forms on our Website, such as when you contact us for a demo or request an academic license. This personal information may include: first and last name, role (job title), industry, company name, job title, email address, and the content of any request or feedback you submit.
● You may also share personal information with us through our Website when you sign up for a demo, our newsletter, and subscribe to data updates.
Information We Collect Automatically:
● The data automatically collected from cookies and web beacons may include information from your Web browser(such as browser type and browser language) and details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data and logs, page views, length of visit and Website navigation paths as well as information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address and how you interact with our Product. We collect this data to help us improve our Website, the Product and the user experience with our Website and Product.
● 6th Grain does not currently support the Do Not Track signals set by your browser because there is as yet no industry or legal standard for Do Not Track signals. Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform Websites that you do not want to be tracked.
● The information we collect automatically may also include statistical and performance information arising from our Customers’ use of our Product and Visitors to our Website. This type of data is only used by us in an aggregated and anonymized manner.
● Data you voluntarily submit during use of our Products and applications to improve user experience are used to respond to your requests for assistance and by our machine learning tools.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including personal information, to respond to a request from you and/or carry out a contract with you, to carry out our legal obligations, and to provide you with notices and for other purposes with your consent, as described below.
● We use the personal information you provide to us when you fill in forms on our Website to respond to your requests and feedback and to contact you about that request. Our legal basis for processing this personal information is our legitimate interest in communicating with you and fulfilling your requests.
● We may use your personal information to provide the Product to you as well for non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of major changes to the Website, the Product or for customer service purposes). Our legal basis for processing this personal information is in the performance of our contract to provide the Product or other services to you.
● We also use the personal information you provide to us for the purpose of operating our Website, ensuring the security and integrity of our Website and Product, and maintaining back-ups of our databases. Our legal basis for processing this personal information is our legitimate interests, namely the proper administration of and security of our Website and Product.
● For data and information that we collect through tracking technologies about your interaction with our Website and Product, we use this information for analyzing the use of the Website and Product to improve the quality and design of our Website and the user experience with our Website and Product. Our legal basis for processing this type of data is our legitimate interests, namely to provide you with the best possible user experience.
● We may use the personal information you provide to us when you register on 6grain.com or download a Data Brief for the purpose of offering, marketing, and selling products and services to you. Our legal basis for processing this personal information is consent, which you can withdraw at any time.
We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide to us as described below. 6th Grain does not share or sell your personal information with any third parties for direct marketing purposes.
● 6th Grain does not collect or store your payment information. If you make a purchase through the Website, your credit card or debit card information is provided directly to our bank.
● We may share your personal data and information if we believe disclosure is necessary to comply with applicable laws, regulations, respond to a court order, subpoena or a government request(such as a search warrant). If a government requests or other legal process requires 6th Grain to disclose your personal data, then 6th Grain will use reasonable efforts to provide you with prior notification of the disclosure unless prohibited by law.
● 6th Grain also reserves the right to disclose your personal data that 6th Grain believes, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to: (i) enforce our agreements and policies, including for billing and collection purposes, (ii) protect the security or integrity of the Website or 6th Grain’s products and services; or (iii) protect or defend6th Grain’s legal rights.
● If 6th Grain sells all or part of its business, or makes a sale or transfer of assets, or is otherwise involved in a merger or business transfer, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy, 6thGrain may transfer your personal information and non-personal information to one or more third parties as part of such transaction.
● 6th Grain may disclose personal information that we collect on you, or that you have provided to us, for any purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information or with your consent.
While 6th Grain recognizes that an individual has the right to access, delete and amend the data collected about that individual, 6thGrain does not have a relationship with the Customer End Users but rather only with our Customers. If you are a Customer End User and you would like to access, amend or delete your data, contact the Customer directly and 6th Grain will respond within a reasonable period of time to any such request by our Customer.
6th Grain only retains the Customer End User Data we process on behalf of our Customers for as long as necessary to provide the Product to our Customers or as required to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce any agreement.
The data servers 6th Grain uses to provide the Website and all Product data are located on Amazon Web Services North America, in the United States, for all customers.
By interacting with the Website or requesting a demo, you understand that your personal data will be transferred to the United States and you consent to such transfer.
Backup servers used by 6th Grain do not receive any personal information.
6th Grain uses commercially reasonable, industry standard physical, managerial, and technical safeguards designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is also encrypted and stored on our secured servers behind firewalls.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and other information used by you to access the Website or use the Product.
While 6th Grain does its best to protect your personal data, 6th Grain cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website because the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Any transmission of your personal information is done at your own risk and 6th Grain cannot guarantee that such personal information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. If 6thGrain learns of a security systems breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. 6th Grain may post a notice on the Website if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach inwriting. To receive a written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice) you should notify us at email@example.com.
You have the choice about whether to disclose your personal information or other information about yourself to 6th Grain. Regardless of your choices with respect to promotional communications and updates regarding content, 6th Grain may send you administrative messages, service announcements, terms and conditions of your account, or other similar communications, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
You may also cancel your 6th Grain subscription by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org . For a registered, non-Professional user or a 6th Grain Professional subscriber contact us at email@example.com to request all personal information stored with 6th Grain be removed. Please note that, if you cancel your account, 6th Grain may retain some non-personally identifiable information about you but will discontinue posting such information on the 6th Grain systems.
We also understand that you have the right to obtain a copy of your personal information from us. Please note we will ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests. You may request a copy of your personal information that you have provided to us directly by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will provide you a copy of your personal information in a commonly used electronic form.
If you are a resident of the European Union or Switzerland and you have a privacy or data use concern, please contact 6thGrain directly at email@example.com or the address below under 9. Contact Us and 6th Grain will use its best efforts to address your concern within 45 days of receipt of your complaint.
Currently, we do not track our customers over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising, although we may do so in the future. We do not respond to Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals. some third-party sites may keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content. Please note that some browsers and software applications may allow you to set a DNT signal so that third parties (particularly advertisers) know you do not want to be tracked. Please check the help system or other documentation for the browser or software application that you use to learn whether or not they allow you to set a DNT signal and, if so, how to set the DNT signal.
If you are a California resident under the age of 18, and a registered user of any site where this policy is posted, California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits you to remove content or Personal Information you have publicly posted. If you wish to remove such content or Personal Information and you specify which content or Personal Information you wish to be removed, we will do so in accordance with applicable law. Please be aware that after removal you will not be able to restore removed content. Please be aware that such a request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information you have posted and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow removal even if requested.
6th Grain Corporation
7313 Barra DR
Bethesda, MD 20817-4605
Below is a list of the types of cookies and third party service providers currently used by 6th Grain but may not include all cookies or third party service providers. In addition, the below list of cookies and third party service providers is subject to change at any time.
6th Grain. We use our own products and services to analyze the user behavior within our Website and our own products and services, to save user preferences, and to support authentication of users.
Google Analytics. We use Google Analytics to analyze the use of our Website.
For more information about Google’s privacy practices, see https://policies.google.com/privacy.
LinkedIn. We use LinkedIn to track conversions and Website visits from our advertisements displayed on LinkedIn. For more information about LinkedIn’s privacy practices, please see: https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy.
Facebook. We use Facebook to track conversions and Website visits from our advertisements displayed on Facebook. For more information about Facebook’s privacy practices, please see: https://www.facebook.com/help/www/213802165366955.
Google Ads. We use Google Ads to track conversions and Website visits from our advertisements displayed on Google Ad Network. For more information about Google’s privacy practices, please see: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en.
Twitter. We use Twitter to track conversions and Website visits from our advertisements displayed on Twitter. For more information about Twitter’s privacy practices, please see: https://twitter.com/en/privacy
Send us message at: